It’s Sunny Somewhere
79°Bora Bora, Papua
82°Grand Turk, TC
81°Rio de Janeiro, BR
Sandal Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is offered only in the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia (the “Territory”) and is open only to legal residents of such jurisdictions who, as of date of entry, are at least 18 years of age. If you do NOT reside in the Territory or are otherwise ineligible, do NOT attempt to enter the Sweepstakes. Void outside the Territory and where prohibited by law.
Employees, officers and directors and their immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, spouse) wherever they may live and others living in their same household (whether related or not) of Reef, a division of Rockport (“Sponsor”), its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates; marketing, advertising, promotion or other agencies; prize suppliers; independent contractors involved in any way in the development, distribution or conduct of the Sweepstakes (including but not limited to participating Reef blog publishers) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
Sweepstakes begins on 5/11/2020 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) and ends on 6/20/2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT (“Sweepstakes Period”).
By participating, entrants accept and agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media platform.
1. TO ENTER. During Sweepstakes Period, click, “CLICK TO ENTER” button on form on reef.com website. You must click to “CLICK TO ENTER” button within the form to be entered into the contest. You must fill out the form and supply first name, last name, and email address for entry. You may also enter through the “CLICK TO ENTER” button on the Reef homepage. You must then fill out the form and supply first name, last name, and email address for entry. All entries must be received/recorded by 6/20/2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
2. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS. Limit one (1) base entry per person. (A given person may only use one (1) email address in conjunction with Sweepstakes participation.) Person must be an email subscriber at time of picking winner of contest to be considered for prize.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor on Fridays throughout the sweepstakes period. Winners will be notified via email and may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) within indicated time period as a condition of prize award. Failure to comply with this requirement (if applicable), return of prize notification as undeliverable for any reason (e.g., email message to which no response is timely received), or if a winner is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules will result in prize forfeiture without compensation and selection of alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries received.
4. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: 2 sandals per winner valued at up to $120 USD.
Limit of one (1) prize per person/family/address/household. Prize will only be shipped to a street address in the Territory and must be accepted in its entirety or not at all. All unspecified expenses relative to acceptance and/or use of the prize and any applicable taxes on the value of the prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor will report Grand Prize winner’s receipt of prize and its fair market value to the Internal Revenue Service via IRS 1099 Tax Form; and, Grand Prize winner agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor relative to such tax reporting requirement, including provision of his/her Social Security Number. Prizes are not transferable except with the written permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. No prize substitution, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability of prize/prize element for any reason and only then for prize/prize element of comparable value. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the random drawing.
5. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By accepting prize, except where prohibited by law, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, photograph, other indicia of persona and/or statements made by winner regarding the prize, the Sweepstakes or the Sponsor for advertising/publicity/trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees without further compensation or notice; and, winner further agrees to confirm such grant of rights in writing upon Sponsor's request and without further compensation. By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless Reef, a division of Rockport, its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, independent contractors (including participating Reef blog publishers), from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize or component thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering (or attempting to tamper) with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, the Web Site or any other web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. (This includes sharing of the Sweepstakes link in a manner other than as prescribed by these Official Rules or in a manner intended to harass or annoy any other person.) The preceding in no way precludes Sponsor from taking other actions against such individuals so as to protect its legal rights and/or prohibiting such person from participating in future sweepstakes and contests sponsored by Reef.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. The failure of Sponsor to enforce a given provision of these Official Rules in a particular circumstance will not constitute the waiver of such provision. Sponsor is not responsible for entries (as applicable) that are lost, late, illegible/garbled, corrupted, inaccessible, misdirected, improperly recorded (or not recorded at all), incomplete or mutilated and all such entries are void. Sponsor is also not responsible for (a) any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information regarding the Sweepstakes, whether caused by tampering, hacking, equipment malfunction/failure or other cause; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission of entries or Sweepstakes links, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or (c) any problems or technical malfunctions, disruptions or failures of any kind, including telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, software or programming or for damage to one’s computer due to participation in the Sweepstakes (including but not limited to filtering by or other operation of the functionality of Email).
7. FORCE MAJEURE. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in its sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and conduct the Sweepstakes and select the prize winners in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Website.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW. Entrants agree that: (i) any claim, dispute or cause of action regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION) in the federal or state courts of California; (ii) they consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts as the exclusive tribunal for adjudication of any such claim/dispute/cause of action; (iii) their recovery will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) and they expressly waive their right to all other forms of recovery, including by way of example only, punitive, consequential, indirect, incidental, special and exemplary damages as well as attorneys’ fees for bringing such claim/dispute/cause of action; and (iv) the court shall apply the law of the State of California in adjudicating any such claim/dispute/cause of action, except for the choice of law/conflict of law rules of California (or of any other jurisdiction which would result in the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than California).
9. WINNERS' LIST: For the name of the winner (first name, last initial; city/state), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SANDAL GIVEAWAY” in the subject line. Requests must be received by 7/10/2020 at 6:00 a.m. PT. Complete winners’ list will be available after 6/30/2020.
Sponsor: Reef, a division of Rockport, Carlsbad, CA 92008.