Reef Adventure Seeker Feature: Eryn Krouse Just Passing Through the Maldives
World-class diving… Perfect waves… Turquoise water clearer than a swimming pool. I’ve heard so many stories about how the Maldives is the ultimate paradise destination, and it’s been at the top of my list of places to go for years. I knew I had to go see it for myself, and I had the opportunity to do that on my latest #ReefAdventureSeeker’s trip.
Words by Eryn Krouse
Traveling for that long can take a toll on your body. Here’s a couple of tips on rejuvenating for your adventure:
1. All you need is a bit of Vitamin “SEA”. There’s nothing like a warm ocean to wash off that travel grime.
2. Drink a lot of water (with Emergen-C) to hydrate after being in a plane.
3. Stretch out and do some yoga. Feel brand new and refreshed in no time.
When it comes to experiencing the Maldives, the opportunities for adventure are endless. Here are my top 5 recommendations.
1. ENJOY THE WORLD-CLASS DIVING SPOTS
From swimming with hundreds of dolphins to floating among schools of giant sting rays to spotting lone manta rays, the life in the Indian Ocean is vibrant and diverse.
2. SURF PERFECT WAVES ALL TO YOURSELF
3. GO SIGHTSEEING FROM THE AIR, A BOAT (OR BOTH)
4. SWIM IN THE CLEAREST WATER IMAGINABLE
5. BREATHE DEEPLY AND ENJOY YOUR SURROUNDINGS
In a place like this, it’s easy to lose track of time. I say embrace that luxury and just live in the moment. Soak in the sun and enjoy the beauty of nature. After being in the city, it’s nice to unwind and unplug - to slow down with time and be in touch with yourself.