Rome is filled with so much history and of course amazing food but at the end of the day the beach is our sanctuary. Here are few tips from our wanderlusting best friends on their journey from cobblestones to the sandy beaches of the Amalfi coast.
1. Start your days early so you have time to enjoy your morning espresso without the crowds.
2. Wish for positive vibes at the Trevi fountain.
3. Channel your inner gladiator. Book private tours for the Vatican and Colosseum through AirBNB experience so you can get more of a cultural experience rather than a history lesson.
4. Plan on a lot of walking. Lace up with your most comfortable shoes.
5. Ditch the map. You'll stumble upon architecture, art and maybe some hidden gems. Download the MyTaxi app to take you back at the end of your explorations.
6. Make sure to Carbo load. All the walking makes you hungry and Italy has some of the most amazing food. Treat yourself with some spaghetti pomodoro and a glass (or bottle) of wine.
Now that you've experienced the history, culture and culinary delights of Rome, it's time for a beach getaway to Amalfi wear the water is crystal blue, the views are breathtaking and the beach freely spirit is in full effect.
7. Find a beach side villa with a view. This isn't very difficult in Amalfi, we stayed in a small town called Minori which was a block away from the water.
8. Embrace the beach bum life. Amalfi is quite peaceful so take down time and spend all day by the water.
9. Free your feet. Traveling through major cities can be exciting but also exhausting. Now that you made it to the beach, pack your shoes back in your suitcase and live in your flip flops from here on out. The Amalfi beaches are very rocky but luckily, we have lots of water friendly styles. ;)
10. Share a gelato (and maybe a Vespa ride) with your best friend. The streets aren't as crowded as in the city so if you're feeling adventurous, rent a scooter and cruise the coastline with your bestie.
11. Hopefully you don't get seasick. Boating is by far the best mode of tranportation in Amalfi. Water ferries are cheaper and quicker to get around than bus or taxi, plus they are more fun and freeing.
Above all else, traveling is way more fun with your best friend! You love the same activities and food and they make everything more fun.